Folks,we’re going to be re-doing our successful primary season fundraiser – and we need your help in finding prizes!
KFO will be holding a drawing for fabulous prizes to benefit Barack Obama for President. For every $5 you donate to the campaign through our Knitters for Obama group website between July 4 and August 28 (Note: extended deadline!), you will be eligible for one entry into the raffle of your choice.
The “grand prize” raffle will be for the 50 States Afghan, knitted by our very own KFO’ers! But we need at least twenty more raffle prizes – and for that, we need your help.
Please consider donating –
- finished objects – hats, shawls, mittens, scarves, etc – either Obama themed or NOT, in any color you wish
- yummy yarn that you think would make a good prize (sock yarn, relatively rare yarn, and luxury yarn were especially popular in the primary fundraiser but anything goes here, as long as it is reasonably un-molested)
- kits – either store-bought or ones you make yourself – for any knitted or crafty thing; be creative!
- knitting bags, needles, stitch markers, or anything else you make – if it would have a home on Etsy then it would be a welcome prize (knitting related is good, but not necessary – if you sew or do something else bring it on!)
- Obama swag of any sort, made by you or by anyone else
- fun “baskets” of stuff – for instance, a selection of teas or coffees with a fun mug and an assortment of your homemade cookies would be DIVINE; again, be creative!
- “shopping spree” gift certificates for online yarn stores
- anything else that you can think of!
We only ask that your prizes have a value of $25 or more, to help encourage people to buy “tickets” for them. Don’t forget to value your own handiwork too!
Last but not least – have a yarn store or other fine establishment you frequent that would love the publicity to our 1700+ dedicated members? Ask them for a prize!
If you would like to donate a prize, please PM me on Ravelry as retroknit or contact us at obamaknitters/at/gmail/dot/com as soon as possible. We can accept prizes up to 5:00 PM on July 3, 2008. The raffle will begin on July 4 and run til August 28.
You do not need to send the prize to us – only to ask us to put your prize on the list! All prizes will be sent directly from the prize-giver to the winners.
Thanks, everybody! I look forward to a rockin’ drawing this GE!